Paul Frankhouser Most Penn State Spirit:
The Student-Alumni Tailgate Competition is held right before the Homecoming football game, and is open to current students as well as alumni. Tailgates are based off of four categories: Best Food, Most Creativity, Paul Frankhouser Most Penn State Spirit Tailgating, and Best Overall. On the day of, judges help score all tailgates and reward winners with spirited prizes. This event is free to register and helps promote Penn State pride and creates a fun atmosphere leading up to kick-off. Go State!
- All competing tailgates are expected to display positive sportsmanship.
- Entries will be eligible for prizes in each of the following areas:
- Best Food
- Most Creativity
- Best Overall
- Paul Frankhouser Most Penn State Spirit Tailgating Award
- Please be aware that, although alcohol is permitted for those of age, all participants must be respectful and represent Penn State in the best possible light. All participants will be asked to show proper identification to Tailgate Competition judges if alcohol is present at a tailgate. Judges reserve the right to automatically disqualify any participants who fail to meet these requirements.
- Registration for the Tailgate Competition will take place online at homecoming.psu.edu, and will be open until 11:59pm on Saturday, October 1st.
- Judging and awarding prizes will take place in the time leading up to kickoff on October 8th. Please be aware that you will be contacted by phone the morning of if we are unable to locate your tailgate based on the description provided. If you will not know the location of your tailgate until the morning of, either contact AlumniHomecoming@psu.edu as soon as you are parked, or we will contact you that morning by phone.
Any questions related to the Tailgate Competition should be directed to Shannon McConnell, Alumni Relations Director at AlumniHomecoming@psu.edu.